Without using the many available social media platforms to your advantage, your chances of over-taking your competition, and making a real success of your online store, are greatly limited. Tactics like re-marketing and effectively promoting your social pages are certain to gain you a massive amount of brand new customers, thus helping to increase your reach, reputation and, ultimately, your bottom line.
Below are three of the most important social platforms that all online stores can benefit from.
The marketing mecca for online stores, Facebook provides you with a variety of opportunities to grow your business. From paid advertising and promotion, to organic interactions with already-existing and potential clients, you are provided with all of the tools that you need in order to ensure that your business venture is as successful as it can possibly be. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Create a business page and populate it with plenty of images, videos and descriptions of your products. The more information that you provide, the better. It would also be to your advantage to throw in a few helpful keywords here and there.
- Promote your business page and ensure that you target your audience appropriately – this will require a fair amount of market research into the demographics that would be most interested in buying your product.
- Once you have managed to accrue a number of followers, take the time to engage with them – and be sure to reply swiftly to any visitor posts to your page.
Here are some tips for using Twitter to your advantage:
- Build your Twitter business profile effectively by adding an appropriate profile picture (a clear photo of your business logo is best) and an interesting description. For improved visibility, try to use a hashtag or two. For example, if you specialise in the sale of trendy clothing, #fashiontrends is a great option.
- Promote your page, along with your best tweets, in order to quickly gain followers.
- Engage in, and start interesting conversations with your Twitter followers.
- Post about discounts, competitions and anything else that is interesting and that will assist you in building brand recognition and engagement.
Here’s how to make Instagram work for you:
- Did you know that you don’t even need an Instagram account in order to promote your business using the platform? However, while this is true, creating an account is sure to gain you a number of new followers.
- Using Instagram, you can promote discounts, sales, blogs and competitions, as the ads make it possible for you to add a ‘call to action’ alongside your image or video, which will then link to the appropriate page on your website.
- Ensure that your website / online store is mobile-friendly when using Instagram to market your brand, as the vast majority of users access this platform using the app on their smartphones.
Once you have managed to master the art of social media marketing, take things a step further by ensuring that your website / online store is fully protected with a reliable payment gateway for secure payments. Not only will this help to improve your Google rankings, it will also assist in increasing your sales as customers will be more likely to make a purchase knowing that their details are protected.
For more information regarding payment systems and gateways, do not hesitate to get in touch with PayU.