PayU Features, Services and Benefits
PayU provides you with all you need to service customers, conduct secure transactions, manage your online business, fulfil your orders and keep track of sales and figures – all via an easy to use secure Web interface.
- Immediate, safe and secure payment processing
- Precision reporting
- Multiple integration options
- Shopping cart support
- Reach new customers with alternative payment methods
- Support for digital products
- Simple settlement service
- Product reliability and multi-channel support
- Additional protection against fraud
Immediate, safe and secure payment processing
- All credit card and alternative payment transactions are handled between our payment gateway and the banks – never between the customer and the merchant.
- As a PCI DSS Level 1 certified payment service provider, we ensure that all cardholder data is processed, transmitted and stored securely for every online transaction
- Authorisations of payments for an order are automatically sent to you with each order notification you receive from PayU.
- The environment in which the transaction processing takes place is well protected against hacker attacks.
- Our double firewall security system, extensive use of SSL encryption for all transactions, and our offline encrypted storage facility provide both merchants and customers with peace-of-mind and minimal risk.
- PayU has a real-time link to all our partnering banks (ABSA, Standard Bank, Nedbank and FNB), to enable your transactions to be processed immediately.
All PayU merchants have an extensive reporting facility available to them. Merchants can review transactions processed by their store over a specified period of time in a number of formats. The types of reports available include: order reports, sales reports, payment reports, success/failure reports, transaction reports, orders per day/hour/month, and product sales reports (to name a few).
Multiple integration options
We offer our merchants different integration methods to support multiple business requirements. These include the ability to integrate to a PayU hosted redirect payment page, whereby transactions are not processed directly on your site and your compliance requirements are reduced, or integration to a PayU hosted API (transactions are processed directly on your website). Compare products.
Shopping cart support
PayU has created custom plugins for some of the most popular shopping cart solutions and content management systems. The plugins allow for easy integration between the shopping cart/content management system and our payment gateway. We have developed plugins for WooCommerce (an e-commerce plugin for WordPress), Magento (an open source e-commerce platform), WP e-commerce (a free and open source shopping cart plugin for WordPress), Jomres (an online hotel booking and reservation system for Joomla!) and VirtueMart (open source shopping cart software for Joomla!).
Reach new customers with alternative payment methods
PayU enables your business to accept all major credit cards online, including Visa, MasterCard, Diners, and American Express. However, for customers who do not own credit cards, you are also able to broaden your online customer base by accepting EFT, loyalty (eBucks, Discovery Miles) and numerous other alternative payment methods including PayU (digital wallet), FNB Cell Pay Point, and PayPal.
Support for digital products
PayU also provides merchants with the option of selling any product that is downloadable.
Simple settlement service methods
A simple click on a button triggers a settlement and transfer of funds from the shopper’s account to the merchant account via our payment gateway and your acquiring bank. All PayU products also handle order cancellations and credits in a similar automated manner.
Product reliability and multi-channel support
We process hundreds of thousands of transactions monthly, while maintaining an uptime rate of more than 99% over the past 12 months. For all support queries, we are available on multiple support channels (email, live chat and call centre support), 7 days a week, 15 hours a day.
Additional protection against fraud
ReD Worldwide Fraud Detection and Prevention
Fraud Detection and Prevention with ReD
PayU has partnered with ReD (www.redworldwide.com), a global fraud detection and prevention leader to facilitate fraud processing for PayU.
- ReD is an industry leading global company with offices in 10 countries across 6 continents
- The company protected 17 billion transactions in 2011
- Data is gathered from 190 countries
- The company is independent and not owned by a card association
- ReD is already providing fraud prevention services to many large corporates in the African continent
- Proprietary screening database of over 100 million records
- Advanced artificially intelligent neural networks
- Live feeds of hot card lists
- Click and block functionality for Case Managers
- Pattern detection algorithms
- Real-time location analysis
- Device finger printing
- Case Management with filtering and queuing implementation
- Highly configurable rule capability – 17,000 rules for one client
A ReD fraud check can be completed as part of your payment being processed through PayU or a fraud check can be done on its own should you use another platform to process your payment.
PayU offers both merchants and online shoppers the additional security of 3D Secure. 3D Secure is a technical standard created by Visa and MasterCard to further secure online transactions. MasterCard brand their system as “MasterCard SecureCode” and Visa call theirs “Verified by Visa”.
Credit card blacklisting
We offer our merchants the ability to blacklist certain credit cards at a store level. If a card is blacklisted, the transaction will not be processed.
DiscoveryCard is operated by Vitality HealthStyle (Pty) Ltd. Registration number: 1999/007736/07, trading as Discovery Vitality. An authorised financial services provider under the banking license of FirstRand Bank Limited. An authorised financial services and registered credit provider. Company Reg. No. 1929/001225/06, NCA Reg No. NCRP20. Terms and conditions apply.